We Value Your Privacy!
What information we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
- When you sign up to Timebeans and become a member of Timebeans, we collect your name & limited contact information which is used for the proper and efficient functioning of the application. Further, we collect some and detailed optional information only and specifically for the Timebeans Application’s maximum productivity and it will only be available for your company’s employees.
- When we introduce new features, such as newsletters, discussion lists, on-line chat, or opt-in emails, we may ask for additional information that you do not necessarily have to provide. Also, you may at any time modify your profile to manage this.
- Timebeans uses “cookies” to store member email address. Cookies allow us to both store and retrieve login email address through a user’s browser. Our web server identifies the user’s cookie for login purposes only. Timebeans cannot function properly without cookies.
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with your Timebeans experience and to administer our website. In the future, your IP address would be used to help identify you and your shopping cart during the session. Also, in the future, IP addresses could be logged to track a user’s session. This gives Livetecs.com an idea of which parts of our site users are visiting. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that only the session will be tracked, but the user will be anonymous.
- When you use the mobile application for time tracking, you will be asked to consent to the App’s collection of location information from your mobile device. This location information is required in order for the App to function as designed. The app may use IP, Bluetooth or GPS technology (or other similar technologies) to determine your current location. We will not share your current location with other users or partners – it is solely used during the usage by you of the App in order to provide you with improved functionality of the App. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you can stop the usage of location information at any time by closing the App or placing the App in the background, or changing the location sharing preferences on your mobile device. However, if you stop the App’s collection of location information, certain functions of the App will no longer function as intended.
How we use the information we collect?
To provide the Services and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the Services. For example, we use the name and email address you provide in your account to identify you to other Service users. We may use your email domain to infer your affiliation with a particular organization or industry to personalize the content and experience you receive on our websites. Where you use multiple Services, we combine information about you and your activities to provide an integrated experience, such as to allow you to find information from one Service while searching from another or to present relevant product information as you travel across our websites.
- For research and development: We are always looking for ways to make our Services smarter, faster, secure, integrated, and useful to you. We use collective learnings about how people use our Services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Services. In some cases, we apply these learnings across our Services to improve and develop similar features or to better integrate the services you use. We may test and analyze certain new/requested/modified features with some of or all of your users before rolling the feature out to all or your account.
- To communicate with you about the Services: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, feedback, questions, and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. We send you email notifications when you are mentioned on a task or when a task assigned to you. We also provide tailored communications based on your activity and interactions with the application. For example, certain actions you take in the Services may automatically trigger notification email to your concerned employee(s). We also send you communications as you onboard to a particular Service to help you become more proficient in using that Service. These communications are part of the Services and in most cases, you cannot opt-out of them. If an opt-out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.
- To market, promote and drive engagement with the Services: We use your contact information and information about how you use the Services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email and by displaying Timebeans ads on other companies' websites and applications, as well as on platforms like Facebook and Google. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the Services, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you. We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and contests. You can control whether you receive these communications as described below under “Opt-out of communications". We provide opt-in e-mails, and in the future, newsletter, and discussion lists, only to those members who indicate they would like to receive such e-mails. We never send unsolicited e-mail, other than a very limited number of notices regarding your membership status or administration. You may at any time modify your member profile to stop receiving newsletters, discussion lists, opt-in e-mails, or other direct communications. We never sell, rent or lend your e-mail address to sub-processor.
- Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyse crash information, and to repair and improve the Services.
- For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the Services, with your permission.
How we share the information we collect?
We make collaboration tools, and we want them to work well for you. This means sharing information through the Services and with certain sub-processors. We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below, including in connection with possible business transfers, but we are not in the business of selling information about you to advertisers or other sub-processors.
- Managed accounts and administrators: If you register or access the Services using an email address with a domain that is owned by your employer or organization, and such organization wishes to establish an account or site, certain information about you including your name, contact info, content and past use of your account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator and other Service users sharing the same domain. If you are an administrator of our services in your company, we may share your contact information with current or past Service users, for the purpose of facilitating Service-related requests internally.
- Sharing with sub-processors: We only share that information with our sub-processors which is mandatory and help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Services to you.
- Service Providers: We work with sub-processor service providers to provide hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us, including policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
- Timebeans Partners: We work with subprocessors who provide consulting, sales, and technical services to deliver and implement customer solutions around the Services. We may share your information with these subprocessors in connection with their services, such as to assist with billing and collections, to provide localized support, and to provide customizations. We may also share information with these sub-processors where you have agreed to that sharing.
With your consent: We share information about you with subprocessors when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
- Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws: Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a sub-processor if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect Timebeans, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
How we store and secure the information we collect?
- Account information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
- The information you share on the Services: If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow your team members or other users to make full use of the Services. For example, we continue to display messages you sent to the users that received them and continue to display the content you provided.
- Managed accounts: If the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g., your employer), we retain your information as long as required by the administrator of your account. For more information, see “Managed accounts and administrators" above.
- Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our Services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Timebeans account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How to access and control your information?
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations.
- Your Choices: You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Services and using settings available within the Services or your account. Where the Services are administered for you by an administrator (see “Notice to End Users" below), you may need to contact your administrator to assist with your requests first. For any request which is beyond the role of your administrator, you may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below to request assistance.
- Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. Where you have asked us to share data with subprocessors, for example, you need to change/remove your payment information so we will need to contact those subprocessor service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
- Access and update your information: Our Services give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can access your profile information from your account You can update your profile information within your profile settings and modify content that contains information about you using the editing tools associated with that content.
- Deactivate your account: If you no longer wish to use our Services, you or your administrator may be able to deactivate your Services account. If you can deactivate your own account, that setting is available to you in your account settings. Otherwise, please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator and are unable to deactivate an account through your administrator settings, please contact Timebeans Support. Please be aware that deactivating your account does not delete your information; your information remains within the Services. For more information on how to delete your information, contact Timebeans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to End Users
Many of our products are intended for use by organizations. Where the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the Services and is responsible for the accounts and/or Service sites over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that organization's policies. Timebeans is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of your organization, which may be different than this policy.
By using the Timebeans' timesheets service, you grant Timebeans the right to list your "company" or "entity" name on its customer list, which may appear in its marketing materials. Individuals will not be listed, nor will Timebeans list any specific information about your account. You may request to be removed from this list at any time. In addition, permission may be requested to list your name and a statement about Timebeans among Timebeans website's customer testimonials. If you grant this permission, your name and comment will appear among other customer testimonials.
Questions, comments or complaints regarding this policy and related matters may be sent electronically to us by emailing: email@example.com